Thank you for ordering delicious Avalanche Ranch Montana Wagyu!
Your order helps our Montana ranching tradition thrive, and we appreciate your support of our small business! We want to make sure you are fully satisfied with your purchase. Please read our Policies for Perishables below, and let us know if you have any questions!
- We use dry ice to ship your meat so it stays cold. This dry ice is typically gone by the time the package reaches you, but if it isn’t, leave it in an empty shipping box to finish sublimating. Do not touch it with bare hands and never put it in the freezer.
- While our meat boxes usually arrive in 48 hours or less, delays sometimes occur that are outside of our control. Especially during the holidays and as a result of increased shipping during the pandemic, shipments can be unpredictable. In the vast majority of cases, it is important to know that delays do not cause any spoilage because we have utilized an appropriate amount of dry ice to keep your package cold throughout the shipping process.
- Your meat will arrive frozen, partially frozen, or ready to eat. The USDA confirms that meat that is cold to the touch (colder than refrigerator temperature) can be eaten safely and can also be refrozen safely. As such, if your meat isn’t fully frozen, don’t worry. As long as it is still cold, it’s safe.
- Please contact us ASAP if you encounter a problem with your meat delivery. Refunds will be made on damaged or broken goods. We will always work with you to process a full refund for meat that has spoiled (a very rare – no pun intended – situation!), but please, advise us immediately of any such situations. You will not need to ship the meat back to us.
- If you choose to place your meat in the freezer to use for a later time rather than enjoying it immediately (1-5 days), it is recommended that you consume it within 12 months.